Mother’s Day, May 8 | Eakins Oval/Philadelphia Museum of Art
5K Run/Walk & 1-Mile Fun Walk
Frequently Asked Questions
Visit the online Race store for raffle tix, parking/shuttle passes & more!
What does my Race registration entitle me to?
The first 21,200 adult and 1,750 child registrants receive a 2016 T-shirt, runner/walker bib, and access to all happenings on Race day—as well as special areas including:
- Our Sponsors Expo: dozens and dozens of local businesses & hospitals offering powerful information, fun activities and great giveaways
- Post-Race breakfast in the Wawa tent: register for the Race, cross the finish line then enjoy our traditional Wawa breakfast including baked goods, fruit, drinks and more. Show your Race bib for access to “Racers Express” lines.
- Dietz & Watson’s Pretty In Pig showcase: “relieve” your pockets of all your spare cash and change & watch it add up… for the cures! Plus, Dietz & Watson always offers tasty treats.
- CBS 3 fun tent: filled with great opportunities to interact with your favorite on-air personalities.
- Online Race Center: for team building and fundraising.
What is available to me as a breast cancer SURVIVOR on Race day?
Register as a survivor and receive: entry into the ShopRite Supermarkets Survivor & Sponsor Breakfast (for you + 1 guest), a 2016 Race T-shirt plus a pink Survivor T-shirt, pink runner/ walker bib, opportunity to participate in the Survivors Parade of Pink, admission to the Macy’s Big Pink Footprint tent, and one entry into our Survivor Prize Drawing (must be present at 9:45 AM Awards & Celebration to win). NEW THIS YEAR: “Survivor Love” for first-year breast cancer survivors, sponsored by SugarHouse Casino. Click here for more “Survivor Love” information and the latest news for all survivors this Race season.
Do I have to register to support the Race?
If you plan on attending the event, YES. If you do not plan on attending, you can still register to receive your commemorative T-shirt. Everyone can also support the Race by making donations to the Race and/or registered participants, and purchasing Chapman Auto Stores New-Car Raffle tickets.
Am I required to fundraise/donate?
We encourage all participants to generate at least $250. Ask 10 supporters to donate $25 and you are there. Imagine what could be done with a projected $1.5 million for research plus $4 million to help save and enrich the lives of you and your neighbors! Leave no stone unturned and remember the ROCK of fundraising success, employer Matching Gift Programs.
Where does the money go?
We keep 75% of money raised here at home to support our work in 15 counties. We contribute 25% to breast cancer research. Please click here to learn more.
How do I get my Race t-shirt?
Race T-shirts are available to the first 21,200 Adult and first 1,750 Youth registrants.
- Opt to have them shipped when registering online or by mail. $9 S&H fee per registrant; BEST CHANCE TO RECEIVE YOUR PREFERRED T-SHIRT SIZE.
- Pick them up on Race weekend and save the $9 S&H fee
- Friday, May 6, 10:00 AM–6:00 PM, at the Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown Hotel
- Saturday, May 7, 10:00 AM–2:00 PM, at the Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown Hotel
- Sunday, May 8, 6:00 AM–8:00 AM, at the Race. The Survivors in Survivor Tent at the Art Museum; all others in the Registration Triangle adjacent to Eakins Oval
- Team Captains can pick up team member T-shirts and Race materials at two TEAM-ONLY events. See website for details.
How should I get to the Race/where should I park on Race day?
We encourage all those who are able to use public transportation—SEPTA offers special early Mother’s Day schedules on many regional rail lines. If public transportation is not an option for you, please consider carpooling and utilizing our Park n Ride shuttle service for $8 per carload. The Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown also offers special room rates for Race weekend; click here for more information and/or to book a room.
Where do I go once I arrive on Race day?
If you have not yet registered or need to pick up your T-shirt, your first stop should be the Registration Triangle adjacent to Eakins Oval!
Otherwise, we suggest you be sure to be at the base of the Art Museum steps no later than 7:00 AM for our opening ceremonies, Survivors Parade of Pink, and instructions for getting to the 5K run, 5K walk and 1-mile walk starting points. Visit our website for course and site maps.
What happens in the case of inclement weather?
This event will occur rain or shine. We reserve the right to cancel in extreme circumstances. In that event, there will be no refunds; instead, entry fees will be used as donations to Susan G. Komen Philadelphia.
What if I get sick or injured at the Race?
First aid and missing-person services will be available on the north side of Eakins Oval by Kelly Drive. First aid will also be available behind the finish line. Lost-and-found will be available in the Gear Ten on the East side of Eakins Oval, across from the Registration Triangle
Quick Race facts
- When: Mother’s Day, May 8, 2016
- Where: Eakins Oval/Philadelphia Museum of Art
- Opening Ceremonies: 7:00 AM; includes Survivors Parade of Pink
- 5K Run Start 8:15 AM; 5K Walk/1-Mile Walk Start 8:25 AM