Mother’s Day, May 8 | Eakins Oval/Philadelphia Museum of Art
5K Run/Walk & 1-Mile Fun Walk
2016: The Year of the Team!
Register before Race weekend and save!
- Adults & Survivors: $37.00 (age 13 & up)
- Children 12 & Under: $17.00 (includes the 5th Annual Kids for the Cure Dash to Make a Difference)
- Back this year – electronic score/timing tag: available for $3 when you register. (tag required in order to qualify for our performance prizes)
- 6-Star Registration: Includes one Race registration, 5K scoring/timing tag, Race bib personalized with your message (12 characters), Park n Ride pass, t-shirt/materials shipping, and receipt for $15 tax-deductible donation. Look for details when you register
Above rates available through 11:59 PM, Thursday, May 5. The sooner you register, the more you save & the closer we all get to finishing this fight! Register today as an individual, Team Captain/form a team, or by joining a team.
Hot Opportunity: Race to the Finish Challenge
(May 1-8): Win a Super Speedway Stock Car experience… an amazing “bucket-list” prize for your or someone you love!
Click here to discover more our latest chances to win for individual and team fundraising – hurry, these opportunities won’t last for long.
Be Prepared for Race Day
We hope everyone’s Race experience is fabulous—with plenty of memories, entertainment and opportunities for you to advance our fight against breast cancer. Keep in mind these tips for a stellar Race day:
- Plan ahead: Check our Schedule of Events and take this map of Eakins Oval with you.
- Be there to honor our survivor family: Crowds build quickly for our Parade of Pink! We suggest you be at the Art Museum steps no later than 7:00 a.m.
- Travel smart: Purchase Park N Ride shuttle passes for ultimate convenience. Available at our Registration and Packet Pickup Events this Friday and Saturday at the Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown.
- Tag it to time it: For an official 5K time and to qualify for our competitive prizes, be sure you have and wear a scoring tag. If you didn’t order a tag when you registered, you can purchase one for $3 on Friday or Saturday at the Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown or on Race morning before 7:30 a.m. in the Registration Triangle (while supplies last).
- Remember the kids: Make the day extra-special for your little ones by bringing them to our Kids for the Cure Dash to Make a Difference at 10:00 a.m.
- Pickup your prizes: If you’ve been fundraising this weekend, remember that all fundraising must be submitted by 10:30 a.m. on Race day for prize consideration. Prizes will not be mailed. Check what fundraising prize you may have earned here.
- Make it count. If someone decides to join you on Race day but has not registered, please make sure he or she stops at the Registration Tent first before enjoying Race activities
- Share your experiences and inspirations! We love seeing your pictures and reading about your Race day on social media—use #Cure2016.
- Get in Profile: Change their Facebook profile picture to generate awareness and support for our cause! It’s free, it only takes a minute and it’s a great way to show everyone you care about saving lives. Click here to change your profile now, then ask all your team members to do the same.
Can’t join us at the Race? Catch it all on CBS 3 from 6:00-9:00 a.m. We thank CBS 3 for providing live coverage and capturing all our Race day stories, fun and memories
More Options than Ever for 5K Competitors
2016 marks the return of electronic score tags – just $3, order when you register for to receive an official time on Race day. PLUS: we’ve added a ton of new 5K competitive categories, including age groups and running team awards for running clubs and corporate running teams. Get details. Already registered? You can purchase a timing chip right now in the Online Store.
How to Participate.
Together we will finish this fight! You will help make it happen by taking these 3 steps of Race participation:
- Register for the 2016 Komen Philadelphia Race for the Cure
- Donate to yourself as a Race participant.
- Fundraise via Facebook: Multiply Fundraising Exponentially in Two Minutes with the free Boundless Fundraising app. The app let’s you tell all your Facebook friends that you’re supporting our fight against breast cancer—and take them to your Race for the Cure fundraising page to make a donation with just a click. View a recording of our Boundless Fundraising Webinar, “20 Minutes to Effortless Success”, for powerful tips on using this sure-fire fundraising tool.
- Log into your Race Center to fundraise by asking friends, family and colleagues to donate to your Race campaign
Remember, coming and walking on Mother’s Day is an important way to get involved… but it is your fundraising that drives our power to save lives and cure breast cancer!
To support & participate in the Race fun you may also want to…
- Shop the online Race Store for a great opportunity to support our mission with the Chapman Auto Stores New-Car Raffle Tickets. PLUS, buy Park n Ride passes and team signs.
- Form or join a team for extraordinary impact!
- Donate: to the Race or support the fundraising campaign of your favorite Race team or participant.
- Join Our Sponsor Family: Download our 2016 Sponsorship Opportunities Brochure and contract.
- Volunteer: see below.
- Sign up for Race News: Be among the first to get updates on all the great opportunities of Race season.
- And more! Get details on all the great ways you can participate in the Year of the Team!
Race FAQs and Resources
- Frequently Asked Questions: for your Race season participation & Race-day experience
- General Race Inquiries: Race@KomenPhiladelphia.org
- Team Info/Inquiries: Teams@KomenPhiladelphia.org
- Race Office: 215-238-8900; 125 South 9th St., Suite 202, Philadelphia, PA 19107
- Staying connected on social media: Facebook… Twitter… Instagram… Linked In.
- Mail-in Race Registration form. Download & print. Great for team member/family recruitment events!
- Mail-in Fundraising form: Track your progress and submit fundraising money.
- 5K course map
- Eakins Oval Map/Race-day happenings
Volunteers: Sign-ups for Race weekend are now closed.
- Please contact Jessica at 215-238-8900 with further inquiries. Please note: no walk-in volunteers will be accepted on Race weekend.
- All Race weekend volunteers must attend one of two mandatory meetings: Saturday, April 23 from 10 AM-12 PM OR Monday, April 25 from 6 PM-8 PM (both meeting will be held at the Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown Hotel)
Quick Race Facts
- When: Mother’s Day, May 8, 2016
- Where: Eakins Oval/Philadelphia Museum of Art
- Opening Ceremonies: 7:00 AM; includes Survivors Parade of Pink
- 5K Run Start 8:15 AM; 5K Walk/1-Mile Walk Start 8:25 AM
- Sponsors:Click here for our Sponsor Thank-You Page; many will be at the Sponsors Expo on Race day.