Mother’s Day, May 8 | Eakins Oval/Philadelphia Museum of Art
5K Run/Walk & 1-Mile Fun Walk
2016: The Year of the Team!
Thank You All for an Amazing Race Day!
From the beauty of thousands of survivors overwhelming the steps in pink, to the messages in honor and memory of generations of breast cancer fighters… from the first man, woman and survivor crossing the finish, to every Kid for the Cure dashing to make a difference… from the outpouring of generosity in the form of donations and volunteer hours, to the endless flow of love, compassion and kindness… the 2016 Komen Philadelphia Race for the Cure was a perfect and powerful experience!
Our community’s efforts this Race season undoubtedly mean another huge strike against breast cancer – and with gratitude Komen Philadelphia celebrates each and every person who participated, contributed and believes that together we will finish this fight! We give you our promise that we will continue to lead this fight until the day breast cancer is no longer a threat to any life. Thank you! Read a personal thank you from our CEO.
Looking for your 5K Time?
- If you purchased and wore an electronic score tag from start to finish on Race day, your official time is available here.
- For our 5K Competition Program results – including individuals and running team winners – click here.
Keep on Racing!
Even though Race day has passed, there are more great ways to stay involved with, celebrate and support the Race:
#Cure2016: We love seeing your photos and videos, as well as hearing about your favorite Race day experiences. So please share, share, share! on social media using #Cure2016
Fundraising Continues! Every dollar makes an impact as we continue the life-saving momentum of our Race and move toward exceeding our goal. We have two great ways for you to donate:
- Click here to donate online with a credit or debit card
- Text the word PINK to 80077 to donate $10: a convenient way to make an impact, $10 will be added to your cell phone bill! Text PINK to 80077; when prompted be sure to reply to complete your giving process.*
Experience the Race again and again with CBS 3! Miss the big day or just want to relive the memories? Experience all the best inspirations, hope and fun of our Race day, captured by CBS 3’s morning-long coverage. Videos available at cbsphilly.com/cure.
Congratulations to Early Winners & Achievers.
We’re happy to share early results from our Race challenges and competitions.
- 5K Competition Program: Individuals and running teams
- Team Participation, T-shirt Contest & More
- Chapman Auto Stored New Car Raffle: Congratulations to Kim Jackson, who chose her prize of $10,000 cash.
- Fundraising: results from our Fundraising Prize & Award Program will be posted shortly, after results can be officially calculated
- Race Volunteer Captains, please plan on attending our Race re-cap meeting, Wednesday, May 18. Note this meeting is for Volunteer Captains only.
- Next regular volunteer meeting for all volunteers will be held on Wednesday, August 17.
Race FAQs and Resources
- Frequently Asked Questions: for your post-Race day
- General Race Inquiries: Race@KomenPhiladelphia.org
- Team Info/Inquiries: Teams@KomenPhiladelphia.org
- Race Office: 215-238-8900; 125 South 9th St., Suite 202, Philadelphia, PA 19107