Mother’s Day, May 8 | Eakins Oval/Philadelphia Museum of Art
5K Run/Walk & 1-Mile Fun Walk
2016: The Year of the Team!
Limited-Time Winter Discount Rates
- Adults & Survivors: $32 (age 13 & up)
- Children 12 & Under: $17.00 (includes the 5th Annual Kids for the Cure Dash to Make a Difference)
- Back this year – electronic score/timing tag: available for $3 when you register. (tag required in order to qualify for our performance prizes)
- 6-Star Registration: Includes one Race registration, 5K scoring/timing tag, Race bib personalized with your message (12 characters), Park n Ride pass, t-shirt/materials shipping, and receipt for $15 tax-deductible donation. Look for details when you register
The sooner you register, the more you save & the closer we all get to finishing this fight! Register today as an individual, Team Captain/form a team, or by joining a team.
Click here to discover our latest chances to win for individual and team fundraising – hurry, these opportunities won’t last for long.
First-ever Race “Get In Profile” Opportunity!
This Race for the Cure season, we’re aiming to have thousands of Race participants change their Facebook profile picture to generate awareness and support for our cause—including you! It’s free, it only takes a minute and it’s a great way to show everyone you care about saving lives. Click here to change your profile now, then ask all your team members to do the same.
How to Participate.
Together we will finish this fight! You will help make it happen by taking these 3 steps of Race participation:
- Register for the 2016 Komen Philadelphia Race for the Cure
- Donate to yourself as a Race participant
- Log into your Race Center to fundraise by asking friends, family and colleagues to donate to your Race campaign
Remember, coming and walking on Mother’s Day is an important way to get involved… but it is your fundraising that drives our power to save lives and cure breast cancer!
To support & participate in the Race fun you may also want to…
- Shop the online Race Store for a great opportunity to support our mission with the Chapman Auto Stores New-Car Raffle Tickets. PLUS, buy Park n Ride passes and team signs.
- Form or join a team and grow your impact exponentially!
- Donate: to the Race or support the fundraising campaign of your favorite Race team or participant.
- Join Our Sponsor Family: Download our 2016 Sponsorship Opportunities Brochure and contract.
- Volunteer: see below.
- Sign up for Race News: Be among the first to get updates on all the great opportunities of Race season.
- And more! Get details on all the great ways you can participate in the Year of the Team!
Race FAQs and Resources
- Frequently Asked Questions: for your Race season participation & Race-day experience
- General Race Inquiries: Race@KomenPhiladelphia.org
- Team Info/Inquiries: Teams@KomenPhiladelphia.org
- Race Office: 215-238-8900; 125 South 9th St., Suite 202, Philadelphia, PA 19107
- Staying connected on social media: Facebook… Twitter… Instagram… Linked In.
- Mail-in Race Registration form. Download & print. Great for team member/family recruitment events!
- Mail-in Fundraising form: Track your progress and submit fundraising money.
- 5K course map
Be part of the family that makes our Race possible, powerful and memorable. Volunteer signups are required by April 15. No walk-ins accepted on Race day. E-mail: iWant2Volunteer@KomenPhiladelphia.org. Also R.S.V.P. for our next monthly Action Meeting, February 17.
Quick Race Facts
- When: Mother’s Day, May 8, 2016
- Where: Eakins Oval/Philadelphia Museum of Art
- Opening Ceremonies: 7:00 AM; includes Survivors Parade of Pink
- 5K Run Start 8:15 AM; 5K Walk/1-Mile Walk Start 8:25 AM
Go Big – 2016 IS The Year of the Team!
The Year of the Team means a ton of fun, empowering and fulfilling special activities for our whole Race community. The Year of the Team is all about channeling your individual passions and resources, and uniting them with others in order to multiply our progress many times over. As a Race participant, you become a vital force in our team… helping assure a successful Komen Philadelphia Race for the Cure event, while also empowering the life-saving work of Komen Philadelphia and researchers around the world. So, take your place in the Year of the Team, register, team up, donate today!