Every day, Komen Philadelphia staff members, ambassadors and educational partners demonstrate we are More Than Pink™ by immersing ourselves in your neighborhoods to help make sure no woman or man is left behind in the fight against breast cancer. Our outreach is based on three pillars of service:
- Access to care
We take care to connect with multiple generations of people where they work, live and go to school…at times that fit their complex schedules…in settings that are most conducive to learning and motivating people to put lifesaving actions into practice. We look to establish high comfort levels in an atmosphere that fosters one-on-one interaction as well as the group education that nurtures peer support, encouragement and follow-up.
Day or night, weekdays, weekends and holidays, 12 months a year, we carry out our mission in venues including:
- Community health fairs and wellness events
- Faith community gatherings and health events
- Survivor, co-survivor and caregiver groups
- Hospital breast health events
- Corporate settings/employee gatherings
- Elementary and high schools, colleges/universities
- Hillel communities
- Women’s professional and social groups
- 55+ communities
To have Komen Philadelphia at one of your events as a presenter, exhibitor or group discussion leader, please contact our Manager of Community Education and Programs, Signe Espinoza, MPH at 215-238-8900 or Signe@KomenPhiladelphia.org.