2018-2019 GRANT APPLICATION
The application period is now closed. (Deadline for submission was October 11, 2017)
To receive future grant announcements via e-mail, enter your e-mail address in the “Stay Informed” box below then select “Grants Distribution List” for updated information about the grant process, as well as for other resources.
About the Komen Philadelphia Community Grants Program
Susan G. Komen Philadelphia is committed to ensuring that all individuals have access to breast cancer education, screening, high-quality treatment, and support during and after treatment. Especially important in our Community Grants Program is eliminating the barriers that — far too often and in far too many communities — prevent women from gaining access to screening, which in turn results in late-stage breast cancer diagnoses, fewer treatment options and lower survival rates.
To address these needs, Komen Philadelphia administers a robust community grants program which in 2017-2018 totaled more than $618,000 distributed to 14 organizations.
- Deadline to submit 2018-2019 applications: October 11, 2017 by 4:00 p.m. (EST). Please note this deadline has passed.
- The funding period will be from April 1, 2018- March 31, 2019.
GRANT TYPES OFFERED FOR 2018-2019
Susan G. Komen Philadelphia is offering grants up to $50,000 for projects that provide free screening mammograms, diagnostic services and/or treatment with appropriate follow up for abnormal findings to people who are medically underserved, uninsured and/or low-income.
Community Navigation and Education
Susan G. Komen Philadelphia is offering grants up to $25,000 for projects that provide breast cancer education and navigation services to people who are medically underserved, uninsured and/or low-income. Projects should be culturally appropriate for targeted populations and must include a navigation component that links participants with breast cancer screening, follow-up, and addresses barriers to care, as necessary.
- For these applicants, attendance at one of the Community Navigation and Education Orientation and Breast Cancer 101 Training sessions in MANDATORY. These orientation sessions are scheduled for September 12, 2017 from 2:00-4:00 p.m., or September 13, 2017 from 1:00-3:00 p.m. Sessions will be held at Susan G. Komen Philadelphia, 125 S. 9th Street, Suite 202, Philadelphia, PA 19107.
2018-2019 RESOURCES FOR CURRENT & POTENTIAL GRANTEES
Important RFA Documents
- 2018-2019 Susan G. Komen Community Grants Request for Application: download the RFA now*
- 2015 Komen Philadelphia Community Profile: download community profile now
* UPDATED INFORMATION – PLEASE NOTE: The dates and times for the two briefings for Community Navigation & Education applicants (listed on pages 3 and 6 of the RFA PDF – applicants required to attend ONE of the two scheduled briefings) have changed to: September 12 from 2:00-4:00 p.m. and September 13 from 1:00-3:00 p.m. The location for these briefings remains at 125 S. 9th Street, Suite 202, Philadelphia, PA 19107.
- RFA 2018-2019 Overview for ALL APPLICANTS: Click here for the webinar recording
- Self-Awareness Overview (27 minutes): view now
- Grants Electronic Management System (GeMS) Training Webinar: view now
- Grants Electronic Management System (GeMS) Applicant User Manual: download Manual now
- Frequently Asked Questions—Answers to Questions About GeMS, Screening/Treatment Grants, Community Education & Navigation Grants and Breast Self-Awareness (Companion to Community Education & Navigation Grants): download FAQs now
Inquiries about Komen Philadelphia’s community grants program can be directed to Jennifer Leith, Program Director of Grants & Public Policy. Please call 215-238-8900 or email Jennifer@KomenPhiladelphia.org.