2020-2021 COMMUNITY GRANTS REQUEST FOR APPLICATION (RFA)
The application period is now closed. (as of October 18, 2019)
Questions and Updates
- Inquiries about Komen Philadelphia’s Community Grants Program can be directed to Kelsey Mattson, Program Director of Grants & Public Policy. Please call 215-238-8900 or email Kelsey@KomenPhiladelphia.org.
- To receive future grant announcements, updates about the RFA process and additional related information via e-mail, click here, enter your contact information, select “Grants Mailing List” then submit
About the Susan G. Komen Philadelphia Community Grants Program
Performance Period: April 1, 2020 – March 31, 2021
Every day, Komen Affiliates around the country work to advance our shared:
- Mission to save lives by meeting the most critical needs in our community and investing in breakthrough research to prevent and cure breast cancer, and
- Bold Goal of reducing the current number of breast cancer deaths by 50 percent in the U.S. by the year 2026.
Organizations funded by the Komen Philadelphia Community Grants Program will work to advance these goals in our local 15-county service area by becoming an extension of our commitment to ensure that all individuals have access to breast cancer education, screening, high-quality treatment, and support during and after treatment. Especially important in our Community Grants Program is eliminating the barriers that—far too often and in far too many communities—prevent women from gaining access to screening, which in turn results in late-stage breast cancer diagnoses, fewer treatment options and lower survival rates.
Aggressive, results-driven and proven in its effectiveness—since its inception, the Komen Philadelphia Community Grants Program has distributed approximately $63 million in community grants and funded more than 180,500 mammograms for women in need.
For additional detail on the needs we meet, download our 2015 Community Profile Report.
Grant Types Offered/Funding Priorities
Komen Philadelphia supports breast cancer projects that address the funding priorities below, which were selected based on data from our current Community Profile Report. Applicants must provide services to residents of one or more of the 15 counties in our service area. For additional details on the funding priorities below, click here to download a PDF of our 2020-2021 Community Grants RFA or access it via the Komen Grants portal.
- Patient Navigation Grants, up to $25,000 for one year. Projects provide evidence-based patient navigation for medically underserved, uninsured, and/or low-income individuals with priority for organizations that serve our targeted areas of Philadelphia, PA (especially West Philadelphia); Delaware County, PA; Reading, PA; Camden, NJ
- Screening/Diagnostic/Treatment Grants, up to $25,000 for one year. Evidence-based projects will reduce barriers to quality breast cancer care experienced by uninsured and underinsured individuals with priority for organizations that serve these targeted areas: Philadelphia, PA (especially West Philadelphia); Delaware County, PA; Reading, PA; Camden, NJ.