Komen Philadelphia and our grantees focus our work on saving lives by meeting the most critical needs in our communities. While the fight against breast cancer has experienced great progress, far too many people are still being diagnosed at later, less treatable stages. Moreover, thousands live with metastatic breast cancer (MBC); for them there is no cure but instead a median survival rate of three years.
Through Komen Philadelphia’s own programs and those of our grantees, we work every day to:
- Drive early-stage diagnoses through educational outreach and by making mammograms, diagnostics and treatment accessible to all people
- Support the growing survivor population in life after breast cancer
- Fight to help those with MBC endure and accelerate research to find the cure
Includes programs and events for special populations, survivors and the metastatic breast cancer community as well as promoting awareness and breast health practices across our 15-county service area.
To date, we’ve distributed approximately $63 million to empower local hospitals and organizations to save lives.
Community Grants Request for Application (RFA)
- The application period for 2020-2021 community grants is now closed.
- At this time no further information is available for the 2021-2022 fiscal year. Please contact Elizabeth if you are interested in additional information.