Volunteer Opportunities for the 2020 MORE THAN PINK WALK are Here
- Find the perfect role for you and sign up here.
- Opportunities start in March and run through Mother’s Day weekend
Volunteers are More Than Pink™
Sure, volunteering is fun and fulfilling and opens avenues for lifelong friendship. But the real motivation? You can see, hear and experience the impact of our volunteer family in every aspect of Komen Philadelphia’s work. If someone’s life is saved, if someone is supported in his or her breast cancer journey, if researchers make an advance—you can be sure volunteers have played a role!
Be bold in this fight. Be proud of your impact. Join our MORE THAN PINK Walk volunteer family today.
- We are currently seeking team-oriented, passion-driven individuals who thrive on being leaders and motivators to become part of our L.I.M.A. (Leadership. Ideas. Motivation. Action.) Committee. These activists will play an important role in brining about historic change in our organization and, consequently, in helping to change the game in the fight against breast cancer. If you are interested in learning more, please contact Elaine at Elaine@KomenPhiladelphia.org or 215-238-8900.
- To stay on top of other volunteer opportunities, be sure to follow us on Facebook and Twitter, and sign up for volunteer emails.
Becoming a Volunteer
- Get started right now: We are currently looking to fill volunteer roles for our MORE THAN PINK Walk. Learn more, sign up.
- Submit specific questions to Lisa at Lisa@KomenPhiladelphia.org or call 215-238-8900.
Ongoing Opportunity: Put Your Passion to Work as a Caring Neighbors Ambassador
We’re looking for men and women for our new Komen Philadelphia Caring Neighbors program. Through this program, we will connect tens of thousands of women who are at higher risk of dying from breast cancer with the resources as well as the motivationthey need to practice early detection and overall better breast health.If you have been diagnosed with breast cancer or love someone who has, volunteering as a Caring Neighbors ambassador is an easy, yet powerful way you can pay it forward, and make it possible for more women and men in our community to survive breast cancer. What we ask of you:
- Two hours to meet with us and brush up on your Breast Cancer 101 knowledge
- Approximately 2-4 hours per event to share your knowledge with participants at local health fairs, community events and other appropriate happenings where Komen Philadelphia has a table
Learn more and get started by contacting Elaine at 215-238-8900 or Elaine@KomenPhiladelphia.org.
- Caring Neighbors Ambassadors
- Office help
- Helping at special events, including fundraisers, educational events and health fairs
- Speaking to small groups as a Komen Philadelphia representative
- The Susan G. Komen Philadelphia MORE THAN PINK Walk™
If you are interested in any of the above, or would like to discuss how you can support the Komen Philadelphia community as a volunteer, please email us at Lisa@KomenPhiladelphia.org or call Lisa at 215-238-8900.