Strength & Survival 2018—a free Komen Philadelphia breast health empowerment program and musical celebration with the Philly POPS®
Please note Strength & Survival is geared to women in need and men in need in our 15-county service area. If your organization services our audience, Komen Philadelphia will be in contact with you about bringing your group to this event.
“It was a beautiful event and we absolutely did feel the love and the unity.”... “It was the best event EVER that Komen Philadelphia has had to date!”... “You accomplished no other has—bringing together a multicultural population under a unifying platform of education and entertainment.”
These are just a few of the reactions from our 2016 Strength & Survival event that have encouraged us to bring the experience back—a little bigger and with a few more enhancements—for our community in 2018! A multiculturalexperience, Strength & Survival is primarily geared to women in need and men in need in our 15-county service area. Strength & Survival offers:
- Breast health education.
- Breast health empowerment: connecting individuals in need with free, lifesaving resources in the community.
- Breast health mobilization: all those in attendance will walk away with the motivation and tools to take care of their breast health as well as inspire loved ones to do the same.
- Inspiring stories from breast cancer survivors and Forever Fighters in our community.
- Philly POPS musical celebration of the power everyone possesses to survive breast cancer and the progress being made in the fight.
Attending this event
- If you work for a community organization and are interesting in bringing a group to this event, please contact Elaine at 215-238-8900. Please remember, while all are welcome, this initiative is geared toward serving serving women in need from Latina, African-American, Asian-American and Caucasian populations.
Educational Empowerment and Inspiration
Click here to see a list of topics as well as the breast cancer professionals and survivors/Forever Fighters presenting each one.
The Performers (read performer bios here)
- Conductor, Laura Jackson
- Featured performer, Capathia Jenkins
- Featured performer, Tony DeSare
- And of course the Philly POPS orchestra!
- Prelude entertainers: Mariachi Flores, Philadelphia Suns and Vietnamese Traditional Dance Group
Sponsorships Opportunities Still Available
Take "center stage" as a loyal sponsor of this powerful event! There is no other event like this in the portfolio of Komen Philadelphia, nor in the breast cancer movement, and we hope you'll be part of it all, while helping us save more lives. Sponsorship opportunities are as unique as this experience, so please call Elaine at 215-238-8900 to get started.
Thank you to our 2018 Strength & Survival sponsors and supporters
Susan G. Komen Philadelphia; CBS 3/The CW Philly; The Philly POPS;
Michael Axler, in Memory of his Wife Susan; Bayhealth Cancer Center; Cescaphe Event Group;
The Creative Group, Inc; Christiana Care Health System; Crozer Keystone Health System;
CRW Graphics; Drexel Medicine; Einstein Healthcare Network;
Einstein Medical Center Montgomery; Fox Chase Cancer Center; Genentech
Timothy M. Greco, M.D., F.A.C.S. Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery; Jay Roberts Jewelers;
The Keating Foundation; Judy Kellem; The Kimmel Center;
Main Line Health; Mark and Phyllis Roseman; MD Anderson Cancer Center at Cooper; Merck;
PECO; Penn Medicine - Abramson Cancer Center; Penn Medicine - Lancaster Health;
Penn State Health; Philadelphia Department of Public Health; The Prime Rib;
Seasons Flowers; SEI Investments Company; Sidney Kimmel Cancer Center at Jefferson;
Bonnie and Harris Sklar; Temple Health; UPMC Health Plan; The Wistar Health Institute
Garth Weldon Prime Partner Fundraising Campaign
We thank Garth Weldon, Managing Partner of The Prime Rib and our Prime Partner of the Year honoree for pursuing a special Strength & Survival fundraising campaign. We also thank all these generous donors who contributed in celebration of Garth and the work we are doing together to end breast cancer.
Ashley Foods, Inc.; Freeman Interiors, Inc.; Hesh's Seafood, Inc.; Levin Sedran & Berman; Park America; Steven Ravitz; Samuels & Sons Seafood; The Snider Foundation; Sysco; Antillio Esposito; Frederick Kroon; Duane Morris; Patrycia Pellegrino; James Rowley; Robert Scott; Leonard Sussman