An exclusive virtual wine-tasting fundraiser—for the oenophile in all of us!
Presented by Komen Philadelphia and sponsored by DB Fine Wines.
REGISTER HERE NOW—
Then prepare to savor four extremely rare artisan wines, from the comfort of your living room.
Your $300 registration fee includes:
- Four bottles of artisan wine, shipped to the address you provide
- Admission into our Zoom room and engagement with Francis Castillo on September 10
- Generous donation to support Komen Philadelphia’s lifesaving work
- Remember, there is no Pink Tie Ball this year, so this event offers a great opportunity for you to support our cause and have an equally elegant, fun and memorable experience
Experience wine like never before—awakening your palate, mind and soul—with New York wine specialist Francis Castillo.
No need to travel the globe—we’re bringing the finest artisan wines of four exquisite vineyards right to your home! Coming with them is wine specialist Francis Castillo, who will take you on a virtual tour into the world of wine that leaves you with a palate, mind and soul that are incredibly edified, exhilarated and envied in all your social circles.
More than just a “wine tasting over the internet,” The Good and The Grape offers a relaxing, meaningful experience we could all use right now, as we continue to search for creative opportunities to enjoy togetherness without actually being together. It’s good wine and good company—all to support a good cause!
Whether you’re a casual drinker, an oenophile or anywhere in between, this interactive engagement has something for you. Highlights include:
- Wine connoisseur Francis Castillo. Trained in the vineyards of France and sought out by high-net-worth personalities around the world, Francis handcrafted this event for our community and cause.
- Palate pleasures. As you sip, learn how to savor, detect and appreciate each wine’s unique flavors.
- Tasting of four—and more. Francis guides you through a full experience of four rare artisan wines, exploring their history, vineyards and more.
- Wine wonders. Discover how to highlight wine when you entertain, including which foods work best with a variety of vinos!
- Define your taste. Get tips for learning your own palate so that you can always pick wines you’ll love.
- Q&A. Now is your chance to ask the expert.
Registration and essentials
- $300 includes 4 bottles of wine, shipping and donation to support the Komen Philadelphia mission. You must be at least 21 years of age to participate.
- Registration deadline is noon on September 3, 2020.
- Registration is limited to the first 100 people. Register now.
- After you make your donation, we will email you a link to join us for the event via the Zoom platform.
- Registrants may invite other members of their household to participate and “partake of the grape” shipped to you.
- The Good and The Grape is an educational program, please drink responsibly.
About our host, Francis Castillo
Francis Castillo is a Wine Advisor at DB Fine Wines, located in New Canaan, CT. DB Fine Wines offers specialized services to Wine Lovers and Wine Searchers throughout forty-seven states in the country.
Francis gained his understanding of wine in Eastern France, where he resided for 16 years. Located in Alsace, Francis worked remotely for Maison JF Thurot, a Winery based in Meursault, Burgundy. In his 9 years at Maison JF Thurot, Francis catered to high-net worth Individuals in Switzerland, Southern Germany, Hong Kong, and Singapore, collaborating with Maison Hermes and Davidoff in key branding campaigns. Francis and his family moved to the US, he began to work for a Spanish Wine Importer based out of White Plains, NY which deepened his knowledge of the American Market and how Americans approach wine. Francis brings to the table his passion and expertise for high-end wines and excellent service, turning both into a tangible pleasant experience for his clients. After all, that is what TASTER means in French, touch, render something tangible, a precursor of the verb taste in English.