PINK, PURPLE, STRENGTH AND UNITY CONFERENCE.
Education, sharing and support-building for breast cancer survivors and individuals living with metastatic breast cancer.
This is a free event for breast cancer survivors, individuals living with metastatic breast cancer and close loved ones who walk the journey with you.
Whether you have taken the breast cancer journey and wear the badge of “survivor,” or have joined the ranks of Forever Fighters, all individuals who have been diagnosed with breast cancer share the same thirst for the knowledge, support and insights that allow them to live full lives after—or in spite of—their disease.
A unique event nourishing the mind and body, Komen Philadelphia’s Pink, Purple, Strength and Unity Conference brings together survivors and Forever Fighters with opportunities that speak to each group’s specific needs as well as unifies both communities in order to drive change in the breast cancer movement. You will learn from experts as well as from each other, and walk away with a renewed strength and unity for your lives.
COME WITH YOUR MIND EAGER AND YOUR SNEAKERS ON!
Your experience will start with brunch, our keynote address, “The Wellness Journey: Secrets of Health and Healing,” and a group yoga session designed to help you get started right away on what you’ve learned. Next, you’ll attend your choice of two breakout sessions covering the topics you’ve told us matter most to you. See below for breakout session topics and presenters.
- Take advantage of early registration click here to reserve your place now.
- Check your email and follow us on Facebook for additional announcements about this conference.
- Share this event with survivors and Forever Fighters you know and encourage their attendance.
The Wellness Journey: Secrets of Health and Healing
Presented by Jennifer Chalfin Simmons, MD, FACS, Einstein Medical Center Montgomery
Chief, Breast Surgery; Director of the Breast Program
Group Yoga Session
Lead by Deana Bonafiglia-Ruiz, Heart Revolution Yoga
Metastatic Breast Cancer: The Latest in PET Scans and Genomics
Topic 1: New Findings with PET Scans & Metastatic Breast Cancer
- Presenter: Dr. David Mankoff, MD, PhD, University of Pennsylvania. Gerd Muehllehner Professor of Radiology; Vice-Chair for Research, Department of Radiology
Topic 2: Genomics & Genetics: The Latest in the Debate
- Presented: Dr. Daniel Silver, MD, PhD, Sidney Kimmel Cancer Center at Jefferson. Associate Professor, Medical Oncology and Cancer Biology; Director, Basic Science and Research, Medical Oncology; Leader, Sidney Kimmel Cancer Center Breast Program
Metastatic Care Now: Clinical Trials and Public Policy
Topic 1: The Latest in Clinical Trials
- Presenter: Dr. Preeti Sudheendra, MD, MD Anderson Cancer Center at Cooper. Assistant Professor of Medicine; Division of Hematology and Medical Oncology
Topic 2: The Clinical Trials and Public Policy Connection
- Presenter: Meryl Weinreb, Susan G. Komen. Chair, Komen Philadelphia Education & Public Policy Committee Member; Komen Advocacy Advisory Taskforce; Komen Advocate in Science
Breast Disease, Radiation & The Heart
Topic: The Radiation and Heart Disease Connection
- Presenter: Richard J. Bleicher, MD, FACS, Fox Chase Cancer Center. Professor, Department of Surgical Oncology; Director, Breast Fellowship Program
- Presenter: Dr. Curtis Miyamoto, MD, Temple University Hospital. Professor and Chairperson, Department of Radiation Oncology, Lewis Katz School of Medicine, Temple University; Associate Director for Clinical Services, Fox Chase Cancer Center at Temple University Hospital
- Presenter: Ian I. Joffe, MD, FACC, Associated Cardiovascular Consultants, a part of Lourdes Cardiology. Cardiologist; Head of Nuclear Cardiology
The PTSD of Diagnosis: You and Your Family
Topic 1: Framing Diagnosis: Reaction and Reality
- Presenter: Susan Wolf, MD, University Reproductive Associates. Attending Physician
Topic 2: The Trauma of Diagnosis and Moving Forward
- Presenter: Jamie Wells, MD, FAAP, American Council on Science and Health. Director of Medicine
Topic 3: Your Diagnosis and Your Sexuality
- Jennifer Chalfin Simmons, MD, FACS, Einstein Medical Center Montgomery. Chief, Breast Surgery; Director of the Breast Program
Thank you to our supporters