Komen Philadelphia is happy to share with our community an important opportunity presented by a long-time recipient in our Community Grants Program, and loyal activist in our fight against breast cancer. The event is open to all women and offers powerful resources for breast cancer survivors, as well as those never diagnosed.
Seating is limited, so please register today
Call 800-693-CARE (2273)
Special Opportunity at the Conference
The Breast Center at the Helen F. Graham Cancer Center will be open from 8 a.m. – noon for mammogram appointments. No prescription is needed. Please advise when calling to register for this event if you need helping paying for your screening. Call 302-623-4200 today to make your appointment.
Schedule of Events
- 8:00-8:30 AM: Registration & Continental Breakfast
- 8:30-9:00 AM: Resource tables open
- 9:00-9:10 AM: Welcome - Shannan Harris, Producer & Director, Window on Wilmington
- 9:10-9:30 AM: "Breast Health Myths & Risks" - Panel discussion lead by Shannan Harris
- 9:30-10:10 AM: "Dense Breasts & Updates on Breast Imaging" - Presented by Jacqueline Napoletano, M.D., Director of Breast Imaging, Helen F. Graham Cancer Center & Research Institute
- 10:10-10:50 AM: "What is Radiation Therapy?" - Presented by Lana de Souza-Lawrence, M.D., Radiation Oncologist, Helen F. Graham Cancer Center & Research Institute
- 10:50-11:15 AM: Break; Resource tables open
- 11:15-11:45 AM: "I Rang the Bell - Now What? Thriving after Breast Cancer" - Presented by Darcy Burbage RN, MSN, AOCN, CBCN , Survivorship Nurse Navigator, Helen F. Graham Cancer Center & Research Institute
- 11:45-12:15 PM: Boxed lunch; Resource tables open
- 12:15-1:00 PM: Breakout Sessions (Please choose one the time of registering; see options below)
- 1:00-1:30 PM: "Ask the Nutritionist" - Presented by Fran Taccone, PhD, RDN, LDN, Registered & Licensed Dietitian & Nutritionist, Vistas Unlimited
- 1:30-2:00 PM: "Ovarian & Breast Cancer: Know Your Genes" - Presented by Jennifer Sabatino, MGC LCGC Licensed Certified Genetic Counselor, Helen F. Graham Cancer Center & Research Institute; Nancy J. Lambert, RN, MSN, OCN, Breast/Gynecologic Cancer Nurse Navigator, Helen F. Graham Cancer Center & Research Institute; and a Representative from the Delaware Ovarian Cancer Foundation
- 2:00-2:15 PM: "Spiritual Wellness: Visiting You" - Presented by Chaplain Patricia Malcolm, Pain and Palliative Care Service, Christiana Care Health System
- 2:15-2:30 PM: Wrap-up & Evaluations
Break Out Session Options
- Metastatic Breast Cancer & Clinical Trials: Presented by Ramya Varadarajan, M.D., Medical Oncologist and Hematologist, Regional Hematology & Oncology, P.A.
- "I Am," a Workshop for Survivors: Presented by Theresa Turner, licensed cosmetologist, breast cancer survivor
- Young Survivors: Making a Difference! Presented by Jackie Roth, PhD, Peer Leader, Susan G. Komen Philadelphia's Big Pink Footprint; Co-chair, Komen Philadelphia Race for the Cure, 2014 & 2015; Nicolle D. Surratte, Founder, NspireD and Spirit of Pink Warrior; Leila Hamroun, Oncology Patient Advocates for Clinical Trials (OPACT)