To save lives and eradicate the threat of breast cancer for all people by meeting the most critical needs in our community, ensuring quality care for all and investing in breakthrough research.
A world in which breast cancer no longer poses a threat to any life.
Significantly reducing the number of late-stage breast cancer diagnoses in our local community while continuing to provide the education, resources, access to services, survivor support and funding that have grown the size of the local survivor family over the past quarter-century.
Integrating our local mission with that of the national Komen organization and Komen affiliates nationwide to drastically decrease the breast cancer mortality rate by the year 2021.
No one in the region provides the depth of services that Komen Philadelphia does to address all facets of the fight to end breast cancer:
- Free services: mammograms, clinical exams, diagnostic services, treatment
- Empowerment: education, awareness programs, emotional and spiritual guidance
- Support: survivors, co-survivors, caregivers, healthcare providers, the metastatic breast cancer community
- Research: funding more effective, less invasive treatments, a better understanding of the disease, and the search for the cure
Click here for our Komen Philadelphia Overview document outlining more of the impact we’re making every day thanks to your support.
We advance our mission through a network of people and organizations that make up the Komen Philadelphia service community. We unite the most passionate and aggressive breast cancer activists, and lead them in a single mission focused on saving lives today while putting in place the practices that will save lives in the future. Key forces in our work include:
- Community partners/grantees: hospitals, doctors, nurse navigators, researchers
- Outreach channels: organizations, faith communities, schools and more that connect us with those in need of our education and services
Our Service Area
Komen Philadelphia serves more than 7.4 million people in 15 counties:
- Pennsylvania: Adams, Berks, Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Lancaster, Lebanon, Lehigh, Montgomery, Philadelphia and York counties
- New Jersey: Camden County
- Delaware: Kent, New Castle and Sussex counties
Learn more by reading our comprehensive Community Profile Report.
Our Impact as Part of a Worldwide Leader
Komen Philadelphia is one with Susan G. Komen, the world’s largest breast cancer organization, funding more breast cancer research than any other nonprofit outside of the federal government while providing real-time help to those facing the disease. See just how great an impact we make in your community and life every day with these infographics: