Registration Open – Fundraising in Full Swing!
APRIL RACE UPDATES
IMPORTANT REGISTATION DEADLINE: APRIL 30 – FOR PACKET SHIPPING
Avoid the crowds of Race-weekend pickup, register online before 11:59 PM Sunday. April 30, opt in for shipping & have your Race t-shirt and package mailed right to you.
NEW VIDEO: FUNDRAISING INSPIRATION – ONE PENNY AT A TIME
Be inspired by this heartfelt message from 13-year old Emily Kawalek.
IN-PERSON REGISTRATION, APRIL 25 AT WALGREENS CENTER CITY
1 South Broad Street, Philadelphia; 12-5 PM. Get details.
REMEMBER TO GET YOUR PARK N RIDE PASSES
Avoid the traffic and hassle on Race day! For just $8 a car, you can park in a designated lot and enjoy a short shuttle ride to and from the Race site!
SEPTA OFFERS SPECIAL EARLY SCHEDULES FOR REGIONAL RAIL PASSENGERS
We thank Septa for offering special earlier schedules on Race day to help Regional Rail passengers arrive at our Race in time for the opening ceremonies at Race starts! Click here for adjusted schedules for the the Airport, Chestnut Hill East, Elwyn, Glenside, Marcus Hook, Lansdale, Norristown, Paoli, Warminster & West Trenton lines into Center City
KIDS FOR THE CURE UNITED HEALTHCARE DASH TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE
Child registration (12 & under) just $15 – includes Kids Dash Youth-size T-shirt, 2 tickets to the Camden River sharks & great fun on Race day! It’s truly special to see children join in on Race day because they know they have just as much power and heart as the ‘grownups’ to help fight breast cancer. So…get details & register all the children you love.
6-WEEK TRAINING FOR THE 5K
Local Race for the Cure sponsor, Philadelphia Runner, offers great guidance for those planning on doing a 5K. Tips available for first-time 5K runners and more-conditioned 5K participants.
FUNDRAISING PRIZES & AWARDS
Check out all the opportunities for you to ‘achieve and be rewarded’ with great gifts from over-night getaways & electronics, to gift cards and outerwear. Prizes start for fundraising levels as low as $250!
Click here for our new Team Captain Resource Guide & all team news, info & opportunities.
CURRENT ONLINE REGISTRATION!
- Adults & Survivors: $35
- Children (12 & under): $15.00 – includes 3rd Annual UnitedHealthcare Kids Dash to Make a Difference
- 5-Star Registration: Includes personalized bib message, free shipping & more. Look for details when you register
- New this year - Multiple Registrations when you register online! A great convenience for parents & families
- Online Store: order team signs, purchase Park n Ride passes, buy tickets for the Chapman Auto Stores New-car Raffle – your chance to win a 2-year lease on a Ford Mustang Convertible (or $10,000 cash), $5/ticket; $25 book of 6 tickets.
IMPORTANT DEADLINES FAST-APPROACHING!
- Fundraising Heroes Fleece: Submit $2,500 by April 15 to have your fleece for Race day. Get details
- Survivor Pink Color Guard Challenge: Deadline, April 15. Learn more.
- Race Volunteers: Last day to sign up, April 18.
- Teams: Many deadlines in April, click here.
- Registration by mail: must be postmarked by April 15.
INTRODUCING LAW FIRMS FOR THE FIGHT: learn more
LATEST CHALLENGES & CHANCES TO WIN
Announcing our most recent winners
- Adena Adler, Haddonfield, NJ: First 2,014 in 2014 New Year challenge. Support Adena now.
- Becky Carfagno, Blue Bell, PA: St. Patty’s Day challenge. Support Becky now.
UPCOMING RACE-RELATED EVENTS/FUNDRAISERS
- Lorelei & The Pink Ambassadors Pink Luncheon Fundraiser: May 4
- Lorelei & The Pink Ambassadors Yoga & ZumbaThon Fundraiser: May 10
Next meeting, Wednesday, April 16. Deadline to signup as a Race volunteer, April 14. Click for the latest Race volunteer news/information and Race-weekend signups
GENERAL RACE INFO & OPPORTUNITIES
- General Race Inquiries: Race@KomenPhiladelphia.org
- Team Info/Inquiries: Teams@KomenPhiladelphia.org
- Race Office: 215-238-8900; 125 South 9th St., Suite 202, Philadelphia, PA 19107
- Volunteers: iWant2Volunteer@KomenPhiladelphia.org
- Share Your Progress & Inspirations: Facebook.com/KomenPhilly and Twitter.com/KomenPhilly
- Team Captain Resource Guide and Team Creation Form
- Fundraising Submission Form
- 2014 Race Sponsorship Opportunity Brochure and Sponsor Contract.
ABOUT THIS RACE
Sponsors: We thank the dozens of generous supporters who make our Race possible, successful and memorable!
Co-Chairs: Jeannine Donahue, Dr. Jackie Roth, Rachel Toomey; Survivor Fundraising Chair, Maureen O’Connor Manfrey
Cancellation Policy: This event will occur rain or shine. We reserve the right to cancel in extreme circumstances. In that event, there will be no refunds; rather, entry fee will be used as a donation to the Susan G. Komen Philadelphia Race for the Cure
Safety: Rollerblades, jogger strollers and pets are prohibited in this event. Thank you for your cooperation.
Course Certification: All courses will be certified by USA Track & Field and are subject to changes.