LEARN MORE and become part of the Pretty In Pig phenomenon today:
- Where, How & Why to become a ‘Host Family’ for one or several Pretty In Pigs
- Additional Pretty In Pig Opportunities
- Attention Schools & Teachers! Bi-Annual Pretty In Pig school fundraising contests
- Philadelphia Schools “Dollar Defense” raises more than $89,000!
Pretty In Pig consists of five larger-than-life piggy banks and hundreds of “piglets” that travel throughout our 15-county service area to generate awareness and raise funds for the breast cancer movement. Offering anyone and everyone the chance to make a difference, Pretty In Pig, reinforces that “every penny counts” when it comes to saving lives. Sponsored by Dietz & Watson, Inc., and raising approximately $200,000 in its first three years, Pretty In Pig is a fun, effective way for your to raise funds for Komen Philadelphia and embrace your family, neighborhood, school, company or other community organizations in the fight against breast cancer.
Even though our five Dietz & Watson Pretty In Pig beauties are, indeed, PIGS… they are getting a little “RAM-my” in their holding pens!
So, Komen Philadelphia and Dietz & Watson are looking for some caring friends to “ADOPT” a big pig for a few days so they can get out and see the community throughout the year.
Please, won’t you help our Gals see what makes our community so special and loving by helping to raise important funds for empowering the Komen vision of a world without breast cancer? Whether you “adopt” for a day or a week, remember: every penny counts when it comes to saving lives!
All of our Gals are:
- Extremely friendly and low maintenance
- Love attention… high-traffic areas are ideal!
- A sure attention grabber for your office, business or fundraising event
- Easy to feed — just have friends, colleagues and passers-by fill her up with spare change for the cause!
But remember, our Gals are a little larger than normal—approximately 4 feet high and 6 feet long. Therefore, we’re looking for open spaces with lots of foot traffic such as:
- Busy cafeterias
- Large corporate offices/corporate centers
- Shopping areas
- Sporting events (from the pros and minor leagues, to colleges and high schools)
- Fairs, craft shows, seasonal festivals, etc.
- Holiday parties, events of 250 people or more
- Any breast cancer fund- and/or awareness-raising event
Prefer Piglets, Perhaps?
Inquire about our Pretty In Pig desk-top program. Ideal for offices, schools and countertops, they may be little, but these cute gals sure do pack in the fundraising—and life-saving—power!
Inquire today about this great opportunity by contacting Alyssa at 215-238-8900, Alyssa@KomenPhiladelphia.org.
2013 Komen Philadelphia Race for the Cure Pretty In Pig School Fundraising Program
Look for details next spring, or contact Alyssa@KomenPhiladelphia.org now to make sure your school is included in our contest mailing.
Become a Pretty In Pig Ambassador by spending a few hours watching out for our “gal” and embracing shoppers in the fun and fundraising. Learn more and signup now.
Submit Your Pretty In Pig Photos
Who knows, you, your child or someone you know may be one of our featured photos from the Komen Philadelphia community! Feel free to send your pictures with our Gal for posting on this website to: Alyssa@KomenPhiladelphia.org.