Click here to R.S.V.P. to Kelly@KomenPhiladelphia.org
Enjoy Early Blooming with the Komen Philadelphia Volunteer Family!
While the rest of the Northeast is stuck in the winter doldrums, the beauty of spring is in early bloom for our Komen Philadelphia volunteer family! Our gardens are blossoming with opportunities to experience the warmth of new friendships, the hope of uniting in the cause, and the brilliant colors of victories in our fight. Please join us on February 19, and embrace volunteer involvement as a great way to infuse Komen pink into your winter. Some action items we'll be talking about include:
- Victory Violets: Our community is activated around our Race for the Cure rally cry, "Every Step... Another Victory!" So we need all types of dedicated volunteers to reinforce current work being done as well as to take on new responsibilities.
- Run for the Roses: Thanks to Philadelphia Runner, we're offering our first-ever Race for the Cure "Runners Clinic... and More" on February 22. The event is filled with opportunities to keep our runners/walkers in shape... and our Race fundraising in full bloom!
- Carnation Celebration: The perfect 'pick' for Latinas United for the Cure, a carnation is the symbol of health and energy. This event on March 8 is a great opportunity for volunteers to empower hundreds of women with breast health knowledge.
- Inspiration in Bloom: Guest speaker Amy Jones, LSW, Director of Health & Social Services, SEAMAAC, shares her experiences in servicing women in need.
- Powerful Pollination: Join the Komen Pink Worker Bees 2014 Race for the Cure Team and unite with staff & volunteers in a very fun, empowering Race season! Register for the team now and be entered to WIN in our volunteer-exclusive Worker Bees Challenge.
PLEASE R.S.V.P. BY FEBRUARY 14
If you'll be joining us February 19 at 6:00 PM, kindly R.S.V.P. by e-mailing your full name and the names of any friends you plan to bring with you, to Kelly O'Donnell.
ACTIONS YOU CAN TAKE RIGHT NOW
- Join the Komen Pink Worker Bees 2014 Race for the Cure Team. Unite with Komen Philadelphia staff & volunteers in a very fun, empowering Race season! Register for the team now.
- Sign up to volunteer for the Race for the Cure Weekend! Opportunities available at Eakins Oval on Saturday, May 10, 9:00AM-1:00 PM and Race Day, May 11, 5:00AM-11:00AM. Click here to sign up now.
- Stay up to Date. Discover the latest volunteer opportunities & news in the volunteer section of this website.
Please note, in 2014 Volunteer Action Meetings are now the 3rd Wednesday of every month.
- March 19: Monthly Action Meeting
- April 18: Last day Race volunteers signups
- April 18 or May 4: Mandatory meeting (choose one) for all 2014 Race for the Cure Volunteers.